For many years, Moodle system has been the most preferred learning system for most learners, administrators, educators and institutions. It’s well customized designs makes it a great choice for making educational courses and settings. If you are new to Moodle systems, it’s good to learn the architectural design of this powerful web application. Moodle comprises of different architectural categories that can be redesigned for a greater use and profitability.
Extensive Moodle System Architecture Overview
- Permission system- The permission system is one of the most important design of any Moodle project. It’s mainly used to control which users can perform actions and what actions can be performed by users.
- Database abstraction-layer – This part carries the written content of a Moodle project
- Application Plugins- Moodle can be customized and redesigned to different outlooks with the help of web based plugins.
- Themes and Skins- Are used to generate output data in an appealing way that will make the Moodle project look amazing.
The Architectural Structure of an Online Moodle
Moodle programming language provides a very convenient platform where teachers and students can come together to learn and teach one another.
- An Online Moodle Site is usually divided into different courses and users are provided with options on how to enroll.
- Every course in the Moodle site comprises several activities and resources.
- A Moodle resource can either be a Word file, PDF, TXT file or a HTML file within the site Moodle.
- Activities can be designed as forums, wiki or Quiz discussions.
All these activities and resources can be structured in a systematic way where learners can complete them within weeks or months of the course calendar.
Unlike other programming languages, Moodle can be used and designed as a-standalone web application. If you want to teach various courses, you can download a Moodle version, install it to your web-host, start designing courses and wait for your students to enroll or self-register. Moreover, if you are a large Institution such as University or college, you can design Moodle in a way that it will handle and carter all your institution learning needs.
Extensive Architecture system of an Institution Moodle
- Authentication or Identify – This structure of a Moodle is designed to control user accounts for all courses.
- Student Information-System – Used to store all students data to a specified database that holds the programs or courses being studied. The Student information-system is also used store students transcripts and administrative data such as Fees and Enrollment.
- Analytic tool – A good Moodle site should have a very comprehensive reporting tool that records and generate reports on all activities of the institution.
- The E-portfolio – This part of a Moodle site can be used to assemble student assets such as resume (CV), qualifications and other evidence materials that show’s a high level of competence.
- Document repository- This can be an Alfresco where student files can be stored and track different workflows.
The Moodle programming language was designed to provide an online space for learning and teaching. It’s customizable plugins and systems have enabled it to be rated as the best learning tool an educational or Institutional organization can ever want. When designing an online site or a course with Moodle System, a developer can either choose to integrate it with other systems or use it as a standalone system.
Moodle System Extensive Dispatching Request Structure
Since Moodle is a web based application system, developers and users can easily interact with it on different web browsers. When determining the HTTP protocol, the developer or designer must assign a particular design aspect on how the URL is going to be dispatched into different scripts. The HTTP approach must be well understood in order to create a Moodle system that will handle all request of the online course or site.
Just like many open source-projects, the Moodle System is built with many plugins that can be customized in different ways to manipulate the Moodle site. The best advantage of Moodle Plugin structure is that, the plugins can be extensively customized to create new features that will make the learning process of users easier and convenient. Moodle System plugins contains an API which can be used to integrate different sections and parts of an Online Moodle site.
Benefits of Using Moodle Extensive Architectural Structures
1.Flexible and customization – Because of it’s open source, the Moodle system can customized an a great way that will cover all individual needs and solve learning challenges. Depending on the developers objectives, Moodle plugins can be developed and assigned to handle specific functionality within a Moodle Site. Beside Plugins, developers and Moodle user can use add-ons to add more customization to their sites for better performance.
2. Robust, Private and Secure – The Moodle system is developed in way that safeguards users privacy, databases and control systems. Several updates have been made on Moodle in order to protect Moodle users from data lose, misuse and unauthorized access of courses files. As Moodle developer, you can develop security plugins and software that can protect your data from Malware attacks and technical failure due to wrong coding of system files.
3. Designed to extensively support both learning and teaching– With high level of developed plugins and tools, the Moodle system has a powerful set of learning and teaching environments that empower both users. As Moodle site user, you can easily browse to course topics, categories, exercise files and plan a learning schedule that will help you to easily complete your courses.
4. The Easy-to-use interface – Unlike other systems, the Moodle system is built in a simple interface that allows features such as drag-drop, copy-paste and well document custom features for easy leaning and navigation.
5. All in one learning platform– Moodle system provides a very flexible set of tools that allows users to access all learning courses with ease. When designing courses, a developer can integrate Moodle courses with everything needed to complete the course.
Moodle is a free software that is written in the PHP language. If you have little knowledge on how to develop Moodle application, ask for help from qualified and experienced Mood application developers. With the Moodle system, you can enhance and improve your learning platforms in a creative way that will inspire learners to feel encouraged to complete online courses.